Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
stewsie
Veteran
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Paul

v12 and MFA

Post by stewsie »

Hi

How can the backup administrator account have MFA enabled if the account is used by more than one person? I am sure I won't be the only person who has to use a shared account from time to time. This "default" account could be used in the event of an emergency by anyone who has access to the password hence asking if MFA can be configured for more than one device. I have similar for certain accounts where I can use two authenticator applications in case of any failure

I do have my own specific account for daily use but want to protect the one that was created when the product was installed.

Is this possible? Hope this makes sense.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: v12 and MFA

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Paul.

Yes, copy the authenticator code \ QR from the initial user setup window and use it on multiple phones\authenticator apps.
Once authenticator setup window is confirmed with the answer code from one of your devices, you will not be able to see it again unless you hit Reset MFA and re-configure it again.

/Cheers!
pmichelli
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times

Re: v12 and MFA

Post by pmichelli » 1 person likes this post

Our password manager (Keeper) allows us to add MFA records. I did it this way and shared it with my team.