Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
msidnam
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: ME

After linux FLR unable to backup

Post by msidnam »

I do have a support ticket (Case # 06073899) in but since its the weekend I wanted to post in case anyone has had this issue before.

I have an Ubuntu server that I use NFS to mount the backup share to an overland storage device. Last week I had to use Linux FLR to recover a file from another ubuntu server we are using for SFTP. I used the ubuntu server we are using to mount the share as the linux FLR. in doing so i had to enable to the checkboxes to elevate account privileges and add account to sudoers file to get it to work under managed accounts.

Ever since doing so, none of my existing backups work.I'm getting errors that it cant write to the files. I did create a new backup and its creating it under nobody/nogroup which is not what the other backups folders show. I know this is a permissions issue but i am not sure how to tell the software to use the existing user for the permissions and not the nobody/nogroup as it should be using the account its been using for years. I even removed the check boxes, restarted the linux server and the veeam backup server.

Thank you.
msidnam
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: ME

Re: After linux FLR unable to backup

Post by msidnam »

quick update. If i change the nfs permissions on the backup folder and files to nobody:nogroup, it works. I'm not sure what changed in the software to start using nobody:nogroup other than what I did above or from me updating veeam to patch against the RCE exploit. perhaps the patch changed the data mover/transport service settings?