Management reporting and documentation
storageguy
Expert
Liked: 13 times

Exporting Tapes Report

Post by storageguy »

Hi

We are doing Tape rotation and I'm trying to use Veeam One to create a report to be sent to our operators so that they know which tapes can be removed from the library and which tapes can be inserted back to the library.

The problem are
1. Veeam One report will show all the exported tapes including tapes exported weeks ago. Is there a way to show only in the report the tapes exported couple of days ago? Because in our case, tapes will be removed from the library weekly, so displaying all those exported tapes is no use. We want to see in the reports tapes exported couple of days ago for removal from the library.

2. Same goes with the expired tapes. I want to show in the report the expired tapes only in the media vaults excluding the expiring ones.

Any idea on how to achieve or get this kind of report?

Thanks
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times

Re: Exporting Tapes Report

Post by RomanK »

Hello storageguy,

Unfortunately, no workaround was found for Exported Tapes report.
It is possible to sort by the date of the export, but not to filter. Do I understand correctly that the issue is only about superfluous data in the report?

As far as I can see two filters like "from<date> to<date>" in the report scope for "Date of Export" and "Expiration Date" columns would help to resolve the task. Am I right?

Thanks
storageguy
Expert
Liked: 13 times

Post by storageguy »

You can sort by dates but not filter them.

Our intention is to tell the backup operator to take out the tapes from the library. So we want an auto generated reports that will show our operators which tapes can be taken out. The problem with the "Exported Tapes" report is that, it will display all the exported tapes including the ones that were already taken out.

I think this is some lacking feature with Veeam One?
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello storageguy,

I agree, this is a good opportunity to improve the report.

Thanks for the feedback. Noted.
JesperDanielsen
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jesper Danielsen

Post by JesperDanielsen »

Also a vote from me

Would be great with a report, that shows which tapes can be /are exported to the mailslots