Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
spider32
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Alexander Martinez

Disaster Recovery Orchestrator (v6) Error, Failed to Login to vCenter

Post by spider32 »

We’ve been testing our Orchestration Plan and after failover to our DR site, the certs on our vCenters were replaced and broke the connections between our DRO and vCenters. Had to refresh the connection so the DRO can take in the new certs. However, when we tried to failback to our primary site, we had the login error to vCenter.

The issue was fix when we had to go into the built-in VBR and refresh the connection in VBR itself.

I would tend to think that DRO itself would be able to restore the connections within its built-in VBR and VeeamOne without the user opening up those built-in apps.

Let me know what you think or if I’m missing something here.

Chris.Childerhose
Madi.Cristil
MicoolPaul
5 people like this
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Disaster Recovery Orchestrator (v6) Error, Failed to Login to vCenter

Post by Alec King »

Hi Alexander, The issue is that the certificate on vCenter was replaced, so was no longer trusted. As VBR and ONE do maintain their own connection to vCenter, they both failed to connect until you opened their UI and accepted the new certificate.

We should be able to 'push' the certificate from DRO into the embedded VBR and ONE if it changes (and is accepted in the DRO UI); just as we do when first create the vCenter connection in VDRO.
I'll take this to the development team and see if we can handle this scenario.

For the moment you would have to use the workaround you already discovered which is to open the individual UIs and accept the cert.

I will update this post if we can implement support for this. Thank you for the feedback!
spider32
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Alexander Martinez

Re: Disaster Recovery Orchestrator (v6) Error, Failed to Login to vCenter

Post by spider32 »

Thank you much for your reply!