Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BackupBytesTim
Service Provider
Liked: 57 times
Full Name: Tim

Missing "History" View

Post by BackupBytesTim »

I have a support case, which I'm sure the Veeam team on the forums is getting tired of hearing about: #06041477

The support rep keeps asking for a screenshot of the job history for a computer, I can't find where to see this job history anywhere. I assumed at first he was referring to the last 24 hours results, which I know how to see and look at every day. But now he specifically mentioned there should be a "History tab" somewhere, but I don't see that anywhere.

He did say I can see it on the "vbr server", I assume he means in the VBR console since there's no VBR server involved as it's a VSPC managed agent job, so looking in the VBR console I don't see anything.

I do see a mention of the "History view" in the docs here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

That's for VMWare, but I imagine I should be able to see the same information for anything else, however although it mentions the "History view" it gives no explanation how to get to it, just says "Open the History view."

So perhaps I'm not seeing something, maybe there's a configuration issue, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. Any advice on that?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Missing "History" View

Post by Mildur »

Hi Tim

You can find the history view in the left sided menu. There you can find all logs of all job sessions.
We have documented the different views in our user guide:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

Big Icon

Smaller Icon if the menu list was moved down in the console:

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
tyler.jurgens
Veeam Legend
Liked: 128 times
Full Name: Tyler Jurgens

Post by tyler.jurgens » 1 person likes this post

History View

Edit: Fabian Ninja'd me. Fine. Be like that. :lol:
Tyler Jurgens
Veeam Legend x2 | vExpert ** | VMCE | VCP 2020 | Tanzu Vanguard | VUG Canada Leader | VMUG Calgary Leader
Blog: https://explosive.cloud
Twitter: @Tyler_Jurgens BlueSky: @tylerjurgens.bsky.social
BackupBytesTim
Service Provider

Post by BackupBytesTim »

Ah hah! Thank you, it was in fact hidden, had to click the double arrows and check it to show it. But I see it now. Thank you.
BackupBytesTim
Service Provider

Post by BackupBytesTim »

Actually that didn't solve my problem entirely, that does seem to be the history section, but that does not show the information in the documentation page I linked above, which might not be necessary, but the support rep wanted information for beyond the past 24 hours, this history section seems to only show the past 24 hours, same as the job history in the Cloud Connect section of the console.

Is there a way to display information going back further than 24 hours?
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

It will show per default the last 500 sessions. You can configure how many or all sessions in the general options:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

Best,
Fabian
BackupBytesTim
Service Provider

Post by BackupBytesTim »

Thanks, that should be good now. I am curious, I assume the setting to keep sessions for so many weeks controls how long things are kept in the server's database, not something specific to the console on my computer, correct?

Does the setting for what's shown control something on the server that would apply to all connected consoles or does that just change what's displayed by my local console on my computer only?
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Thanks, that should be good now. I am curious, I assume the setting to keep sessions for so many weeks controls how long things are kept in the server's database, not something specific to the console on my computer, correct?
Yes. Retention setting for keeping sessions is a global configuration.
Does the setting for what's shown control something on the server that would apply to all connected consoles or does that just change what's displayed by my local console on my computer only?
This setting is per user/machine. The setting will be stored in your local windows profile (%localappdata%).

Best,
Fabian