Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
SasoB
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times

VBR server as VB365 proxy

Post by SasoB »

Hi,

I just want to double check.

We have VBR server (v12) which I would like to use only as proxy and repository for VB365, so the VB365 would be managed/installed in different VM.

Versions are compatible according to https://www.veeam.com/kb4325, should I take anything else in concern regarding this?

Is this "Shared Server Compatibility" even a case here? Or its just another service added to VBR (C:\Windows\Veeam\Backup365Proxy\Veeam.Archiver.Proxy.exe /port=9193)?

Thank you
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: VBR server as VB365 proxy

Post by Mildur »

Hi SasoB

We don't recommend to install VB365 or its proxy server on a VBR server, even if it's supported.
The kb article is only valid if the controller server is installed on the VBR server.

Please note, the recommended backup storage for Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 is object storage. Especially if a service provider wants to provide VB365 as a service for his customers.
Object storage provides better stability and requires much less storage for the same source data than jet DB based repositories. And new features may only be developed for object storage based repositories.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
SasoB
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times

Re: VBR server as VB365 proxy

Post by SasoB »

Thank you Fabian.

Yes we have another VM365 setup where we use Object Storage and offer service to customers. But this is not the case here.