Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
nroyepic
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nick Roy

Veeam365 object storage - A default retention mode is enabled on the selected bucket. Select a bucket without default re

Post by nroyepic »

Hey all got this error, I'm new to ceph clustering and object storage (45 drives implementation of it). I did create a Veaem case

Trying to configure a new veeam 365 bucket and got this error, when I created the bucket with Governance mode and ~3 year Object locking on the ceph gui screen.

In looking at docs there should be a flag somewhere to disable default lock configuration mode ala:object-storage-f52/aws-s3-immutability- ... 65490.html

When enabling Object Lock on an S3 bucket, use the None option for the object lock configuration mode. Otherwise, you will not be able to register the bucket with Veeam Backup & Replication. Note that Veeam Backup & Replication will automatically use Compliance object lock mode for each uploaded object.

Any ideas on where to find it? we're using Ceph dashboard 15.2.18 currently.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam365 object storage - A default retention mode is enabled on the selected bucket. Select a bucket without defaul

Post by Mildur » 2 people like this post

Hi Nick
when I created the bucket with Governance mode and ~3 year Object locking on the ceph gui screen.
You cannot enable any mode or time-based object locking policy when you create buckets for any Veeam product.

For primary repositories:
--> Create a new bucket "versioning disabled" and "object lock disabled"

For backup copy repositories:
--> Create a new bucket "versioning enabled" and "object lock enabled"

Do not enable any retention plans or set the Governance/Compliance mode manually. Veeam will take care of those two settings.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
DE&C
Service Provider
Liked: 29 times
Full Name: William

Re: Veeam365 object storage - A default retention mode is enabled on the selected bucket. Select a bucket without defaul

Post by DE&C » 1 person likes this post

Fabian already covered the answer about how to configure it.
nroyepic wrote: Jun 08, 2023 3:59 pm Hey all got this error, I'm new to ceph clustering and object storage (45 drives implementation of it). I did create a Veaem case

I just want short to point out the problem with CEPH and Veeam. Here you find a bit a longer answer with background information about problems that you will probably experience with ceph (for Veeam) just that you are aware before you start using it in production.

veeam-backup-for-microsoft-365-f47/s3-p ... 87127.html