Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sbk
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Shawn Krawczyk

Enterprise Manager Daily summary report

Post by sbk »

Since switching to version 12, the daily summary email that is generated from Enterprise Manager is including a lot of extra specific job status information (in HTML) vs. just the summary of all jobs. The new email that is generated is very long (its a giant email), and the details it provides now is every for every job. Within the summary for each job however, it does not list the individual VM's by name, instead it just gives a status of success, warning or failure. So for instance when one job fails, you might see several lines that had been successful but then one that was not. In order to find out what specific VM failed in that job, you would need to look at the actual job failure so the summary of the failure is not as useful.

The body of the pre-version 12 daily summary email was just another list/summary of the jobs vs. again now its a big long HTML email. Was this a deliberate change? Something wrong in my environment? Is it possible to just get the summary back vs. the status of each job?

Case # 05968411
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2306 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Enterprise Manager Daily summary report

Post by Mildur »

Hello Shawn
The body of the pre-version 12 daily summary email was just another list/summary of the jobs vs. again now its a big long HTML email. Was this a deliberate change? Something wrong in my environment? Is it possible to just get the summary back vs. the status of each job?
This change was introduced in Veeam V12 to provide more information in the daily summary report.
Veeam Backup & Replication What’s New in V12? (Page 21)
Improved email reports — Multiple improvements in the email report content and layout.
The new email that is generated is very long (its a giant email), and the details it provides now is every for every job. Within the summary for each job however, it does not list the individual VM's by name, instead it just gives a status of success, warning or failure.
This is a bug. We will be resolve it in v12a.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
sbk
Enthusiast

Post by sbk »

Thank you for the information. Will there be any ability to modify the body of the email? There are all of those variables available to alter the subject line but nothing for the body. After reading the version 12 BEM guide for the notification results, it says the report should also include a link to the BEM web UI but my reports do not contain any links (only mentioning in case that is not another known bug that will also be fixed in v12a).
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2306 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Shawn
Will there be any ability to modify the body of the email? There are all of those variables available to alter the subject line but nothing for the body.
As far as I know it is not planned. What modifications would you like to see in a future update?
it says the report should also include a link to the BEM web UI but my reports do not contain any links (only mentioning in case that is not another known bug that will also be fixed in v12a).
I'm checking with the team if it's a bug or documentation copy/paste error from the old guide.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
sbk
Enthusiast

Post by sbk »

For me, all I want is a daily job summary (total of failed, success, warnings in the last 24 hours) vs. an HTML email showing the details of every single backup, replication and tape job. The email that is being sent now has to be over 100+ pages long and provides no value from a "summary" perspective. So in terms of future updates, it just would be nice to have some control over the body of the email if you are already providing that control over the subject. Clearly the report was updated based on feedback from others wanting exactly what the report is now (more detail), so with no additional control over the body I will likely just switch to a PowerShell report, no problem at all.
saltbread
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Lionel Barrow

Post by saltbread »

Is it just me or are the timestamps in UTC time rather than the real start time of the backup jobs? For example, backup jobs that start at 7 pm EST show as 11 pm start time instead. I have checked that both the backup server and the Enterprise Manager hosts are both on EST time zone.
sbk
Enthusiast

Post by sbk »

@saltbread my reports are showing up in the expected time zone.
tehinternet
Enthusiast
Full Name: Mike

Post by tehinternet »

My Veeam Enterprise managers reports appear to be sent in UTC time or whatever is +4 hours ahead from the time that B&R and my server shows.

B&R time is fine. Windows OS time is fine. Enterprise mgr. on same server. Can't find a way to make it's output not 'wrong'.