Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jitendraDatec
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jitendra Prasad

vCenter VM Cannot be backed up via Veeam

Post by jitendraDatec »

Hi,

If someone could please assist with the error below. I am unable to backup vCenter VM with Veeam 12 latest release. All the host proxies are configured same way. Irrespective of the host I move this VM to, the results are the same.

Processing Mgmt-VCSA Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Asynchronous request operation has failed. [requestsize = 4194304] [offset = 990904320] Failed to upload disk '>' Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}. Exception from server: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Asynchronous request operation has failed. [requestsize = 4194304] [offset = 990904320] Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Number of already processed blocks: [830]. Failed to download disk 'Mgmt-VCSA_3-flat.vmdk'.
Job finished with error at 17/06/2023 8:18:16 PM

Many thanks in advance.
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 619 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Re: vCenter VM Cannot be backed up via Veeam

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello Jitendra,
A crc error is never a good signal, usually is the start to see some other major errors. If you can, I would recommend check that specific disk with some fsck, a few notes here, but depending of your VCSA version might change: https://tsmith.co/2016/vcsa-wont-boot-fsck-failed/

If the VCSA is still working, I would totally take a backup of the configuration just in case, and even perhaps deploy a new one on different disks.

Be really mindful with that specific vmdk, I think it might fail soon.

Please let us know.
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion
jitendraDatec
Novice

Post by jitendraDatec »

Greetings Jorge and all the forum members,

Seeking guidance on vCenter VCSA deployment process for the latest version, running on an advanced HCI infrastructure with a 4-node cluster. Swiftly responding to my previous message, I successfully backed up the vCenter configuration and databases without any issues. However, I now face a challenge when it comes to restoring it with the desired level of granularity.

I would greatly appreciate it if you or anyone could provide advice on the steps involved in deploying vCenter VCSA for our HCI Cluster environment as it's running with distributed switches with LACP configuration with two nexus switches with vPC configuration setup and it's a live environment.

Your valuable input is eagerly awaited.

Kind Regards,
Jitendra
jitendraDatec
Novice

Post by jitendraDatec »

The vCenter release is the latest release of vCenter 7.