Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
RH832
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rick

Unable to Boot into Safe Mode W/ vPower NFS Service

Post by RH832 »

I am curious if there is a known issue with Veeam vPower NFS Service and Windows Server 2008 R2 booting into safe mode? Recently we had a situation that we had to boot into safe mode on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server which was also a Veeam repository server and when it would boot into safe mode, it would reboot automatically after a few seconds once reaching the login screen. I tried this on a total of 3 repository servers with the same issue. I tested going into safe mode in a Veeam proxy server which had no issue. I noticed that the difference was that the proxy didn't have vPowe NFS Service. I then disabled only Veeam vPower NFS service on the 3 servers and I was able to boot and log into safe mode without any issue. I even kept myself logged in for an hour to see if it would eventually reboot which it didn't. I see this being problematic. Anyone ran into this?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Unable to Boot into Safe Mode W/ vPower NFS Service

Post by foggy »

Rick, this issue was never reported before in 2 years since vPower NFS was introduced. But, feel free to contact our support team to assist you with investigation though! Thanks.
RH832
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rick

Re: Unable to Boot into Safe Mode W/ vPower NFS Service

Post by RH832 »

I have contacted support and they are looking into it. They were able to reproduce it after I showed them what was happening.