Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
sandroalves
Expert
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Sandro da Silva Alves

SOBR - Switching Capacity Tier Vendor

Post by sandroalves »

Hi,

I need to save the backups now in a new azure storage account.

I want to have access to the backups that are in the azure storage account that will be orphaned.

I found this procedure and am trying to use option two.

https://community.veeam.com/blogs-and-p ... endor-2351

1 - Is it to remove the performance tier that was being used and keep only the "dummy"?
2 - Is it to maintain the capacity tier (extend scale-out) with the current azure storage account?
3 - When he says to create a new SOBR, does he mean to use the performance tier I removed in option (1)?

I tried to perform this procedure, but the status is like this until now.

Thanks.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: SOBR - Switching Capacity Tier Vendor

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I recommend to stay directly in the community forum because then the questions could be solved directly in that post instead of going back-and-forth between R&D forums and community forums.

1. yes, that's what the text says
2. the capacity tier stays with the original SOBR, yes
3. that's the only thing that makes sense, yes
I tried to perform this procedure, but the status is like this until now.
that looks wrong because your capacity tier should be empty and the screenshot shows, that it's scanning capacity tier since almost 40min. So it looks like, there is data in capacity tier (which should be empty). @olivier.rossi - any other ideas from your side?

My understanding is, that you just want to have a new Azure Blob in your SOBR. The old data should stay where it is and you want to start from scratch with a new Azure Blob account. You can do that by using option 1 of the blog post. The option 2 of the blog post creates a new SOBR and I'm not sure why this would be needed here.

Best regards,
Hannes
AinsleyE@wisynco.com
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Ainsley Edwards

Post by AinsleyE@wisynco.com »

You could try Azure Azcopy and attached the new storage location and import the backups after which you would remove the old storage account from Veeam. See https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troub ... estriction
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

yes, Azcopy or also the built-in VeeMover (v12) would work. But I don't see that he wants to migrate data. As far as I understand, he only wants to use a new bucket.