Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
FrenchBlue
Expert
Liked: 19 times

Backup jobs vs time visual report

Post by FrenchBlue »

Hello,

Is there a way, maybe in One or EM, to generate a graphical report of the backup jobs vs time, I mean the x axis being time over 24H for example, and then on the y axis, a bargraph with one line per job and a bar starting at the time the job actually started and ending when it ended. This is the kind of report you see for jobs in a generic scheduling tool for example. We're growing and starting to have backup timeframes issues, so this is the base we would need to optimize the start time of the different jobs and tune the whole thing.
It would need to show the real vs theoretical start of the jobs, since some jobs are waiting for backups resources availability sometimes for a couple of hours, due to limits we have set on simultaneous jobs on the repositories.

Thanks.
mjr.epicfail
Veeam Legend
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Danny de Heer

Re: Backup jobs vs time visual report

Post by mjr.epicfail » 1 person likes this post

I did see this once, but it was not in a Veeam product but Grafana has a good way to display this.

https://grafana.com/grafana/dashboards/ ... plication/
VMCE / Veeam Legend 1*
FrenchBlue
Expert

Post by FrenchBlue »

Thank you, it looks interesting, athough I'm not sure it does exactly what I'd like there, but it could probably be possible with some knowledge and customization.
If at least we could easily export a csv file with job details including actual start and end time columns, we could build the graph in Excel, but I'm not even sure we can do this?
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 168 times

Post by RomanK » 1 person likes this post

Hello FrenchBlue,

The Veeam ONE job calendar is what you are looking for.

It shows both upcoming and finished job sessions arranged in the calendar format.

Thanks
FrenchBlue
Expert

Post by FrenchBlue »

Ah, perfect, thanks! I had searched in the Veeam One client, not web client. They are quite different in fact.