Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
alabiana
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Yannick Baumbach

Healthcheck on Agent Managed Backup

Post by alabiana »

Hey Guys,

im trying Veeam Backup and Replication CE. Is it possible to run a healthcheck out of the normal backup job? I want to backup my computer via a agent managed Backup because its not online every time when schedule is set, so i thought the agent managed is the smarter choose.
If im wrong, please tell me.

Kind Regards

Alabiana
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Healthcheck on Agent Managed Backup

Post by PetrM »

Hello and Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums!

I believe that Veeam Agent in Managed mode would be a smart choice. There is no option to run the health check out of the job but you may schedule the job to run when the computer is online.

Thanks!
alabiana
Novice

Post by alabiana »

Hey,

thank you for the fast answer. The reason for looking for a possibility is the health check taking very long (over 12 hours). In the meantime i have reinstalled my computer and it will be faster, but if the Backup gets bigger, the healthcheck will take to long with the backup over an 1G network connection.

So there is no possibility to run it from the server itself? The destination for the client is the VBR repository on the server.

Thanks!
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

There is no option to do it but your request is noted. On the other hand, I'm not sure that it's normal that health check exceeds 12 hours and why do you think that it depends on the network connection speed? The health check process is started on either the repository itself or on the gateway server. More info can be found on this page.

Thanks!
alabiana
Novice

Post by alabiana » 1 person likes this post

Hello Petr,

the 12+ hours is an experience i made myself. Before setting up the VBR Server i made the Backup on a smb share and there the backup job is regularly marked as aborted because the health check couldn't finish.
Sometimes there was a 10G connection between client and smb server, then it was faster.

But noting healthcheck as server job for client managed backups is great. I was wondering if i was the only one having this use case.

So thanks for helping an sry if i made some mistakes, english is not my native language.

Kind regards

Alabiana