Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
vandieberg
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter Oakes

How to Exclude certain VM`s from monitoring

Post by vandieberg »

hey guys,

i am trying to exclude some vm`s to get back into licensing compliance. i have the default rule for include and have created a rule for excludes. when i add a vm to the excludes in the server settings it shows as one less vm under selected vms as expected. however when i go menu license the number of instances does not decrease. any ideas? i dont really want to delete the default rule for includes as i dont want to name each vm individually to include.

also the number of instances that are shown under the license view is 566 and the number in the "monitored vm" selected vm`s 797

cheers
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 619 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Re: How to Exclude certain VM`s from monitoring

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello,
The best option to be compliant, dynamically is to exclude the business view called vms with no backup.
veeam-one-f20/dyamically-include-exclud ... ml#p487494

Therefore, you will always use the licenses for the VMs you care the most.

Hope it helps. If not, you can use the Business View idea anyways to suit your needs, meaning creating a group based on your criteria and add it either to include, or exclude, depending.

Good luck
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 169 times

Re: How to Exclude certain VM`s from monitoring

Post by RomanK »

Hello Peter,
The number of instances does not decrease. any ideas?
Veeam ONE per instance license applies to the VMs included in the monitoring and reporting scope with Veeam ONE inclusion rules. This means a VM already consumed the license instance as it was monitored. Some time is required to unmonitor the VM, as far as I remember it could be up to 30 days.

Thanks