Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
edison5000
Expert
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: e

bug? or just Windows? copy/pasting all column data from the B&R console copies everything - even if columns are hidden

Post by edison5000 »

re case #06198453 - Not saying I need anyone to take action on this, just thought I'd report it since we noticed it, and I don't see any kind of simple "bug report submission form" anywhere on the Veeam sites.

Basically, you just highlight/select all, for all the column data in say, Inventory view for a protection group. Copy it, then paste it into Excel, Notepad, Notepad ++, etc. If any of the columns of data have been previously hidden in the console, that data will still get copied as part of your 'select all' action.

Why would anyone copy/paste data from the B&R console? Given that we haven't had much time to learn to build infodumps from Veeam One better/faster, sometimes people will ask me for some info from the console that they don't have access to, but are permitted to know - so I just copy the column info and paste it into the aforementioned Excel, Notepad, etc.

Anyway, fyi. : )
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: bug? or just Windows? copy/pasting all column data from the B&R console copies everything - even if columns are hidd

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Edison

It's not a bug. It just don't respect your filtered columns because it was not programmed that way.
We will note it as a improvement request.

Thank you
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software