Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
stevetNOVUS
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times

Virtual Lab - Network Issue

Post by stevetNOVUS »

Hi All,

I suspect I know the solution to this query already, but I thought I'd see if anyone knows a workaround
The customer is running the latest build of Veeam 11

Within vCenter, a customer has a network called RS_DPG_vLAN16-130-N/W on a Distributed vSwitch

When configuring the Virtual Lab in Veeam, this Production network is seen as RS_DPG_vLAN16-130-N%2fW and won't add as the % is an illegal character.
So, I change the name to be RS_DPG_vLAN16-130-N/W and map this to the appropriate Internal network within the Virtual Lab. This all works and the lab gets deployed.

Now when I start a SureBackup job within this Lab, the network cards on the VMs DO NOT map as the SureBackup job see's the VMs network as RS_DPG_vLAN16-130-N%2fW and this network does not exist in the Virtual Lab!

So, the obvious answer is to rename the Network within VMWare to remove the "/" character, but I'm wondering is anyone knows any other solution. There are a lot of VMs connected to this producton Network and I'd rather not rename it unless I really have to

Cheers
Steve
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Virtual Lab - Network Issue

Post by Mildur »

Hi Steve

I couldn't find any limitation around "/".
Could you please open a support case and provide me with the case number? If there is an issue in the conversion between vSphere and Veeam our support team will log it as a bug.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software