Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jordanl17
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jordan Lewis

Defender deleted vbk for Copy Job

Post by jordanl17 »

So, I never set Exclusions for Defender,(fixed now) and this am I woke up to a single deleted .vbk for one of my Copy Jobs. My question is; I'd like to only do a new backup for the single affected VM, and NOT do a full active for the entire job. what are my options? I think If I remove the VM from the Backup Job, then delete files manually?, then re-add the VM to the Backup Job, that would work?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Defender deleted vbk for Copy Job

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I'd like to only do a new backup for the single affected VM, and NOT do a full active for the entire job
although the overall topic seems to be about backup copy jobs, this question seems to be about backup jobs. For backup jobs, you can click on the VM in the job summary and run active-full per machine (assuming that you are on V12 and you have upgraded your per-machine chains to V12)

The broken backup chain can be deleted manually, yes. Rescan of the repository is needed. Removing / re-adding the VM to the job has no impact as nothing happens at remove / re-add.

Best regards,
Hannes
RubinCompServ
Service Provider
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: David Rubin

Re: Defender deleted vbk for Copy Job

Post by RubinCompServ »

Just add on to what @HannesK said, if you are using v11 (or earlier), you should do a rescan of the repo, and then go to Home --> Backups --> Disk (Copy). Right click on the job and select Properties. In the bottom half of the screen, you will see some restore points that are in italics; these are the points associated with the broken chain. Right-click one of them and select the desired way to remove them (I don't have any at the moment so I don't recall the exact phrase). The next time the job runs, it will run an Incremental for all the other servers and create a new Full for the one that no longer has a backup chain.