Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
edison5000
Expert
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: e

Feature Request: robust warning for my.veeam.com 5gb max log size

Post by edison5000 »

This may seem silly (since there is already a plain text message above the file submission field saying 5gb is the max) but -

recently I tried uploaded a log file that was just barely over 5gb. I didn't notice it, so I kept trying to upload the file. The my.veeam.com submission field for logs will allow you to attempt attaching a file that is much larger than 5gb, if you wanted - but when you click "submit", the little double-arrowed icon next to the 0% sign just spins eternally. It took me a few tries before I figured out the file was just over 5gb.

So, while the text warning is useful for the obvious cases, perhaps something that actively detects the file size would be good (eg when you click submit, when it sees the file is over 5gb, you get a popup or something that tells you right away).

Tangentially, perhaps the max log submission size should be increased. Recently for a ticket, I was asked to submit multiple days of the full component logs, but even a single day was over 5gb.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Feature Request: robust warning for my.veeam.com 5gb max log size

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Edison

Our support portal is not managed by the team behind this forum. But I'm happy to forward your feedback to the right team.

If you want to provide feedback for our websites or support portal, you can do that via a support case of type General Inquiry. This will forward the case directly to our website team.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
edison5000
Expert
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: e

Post by edison5000 »

Hello Mildur. Sorry, posted this in the wrong place. I opened a case earlier for the Veeam.com team - they told me to post it to the forums as a feature request, and is already closed as of earlier this morning. #06202335
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Edison

Thanks. And thank you for the case number.
Our support management already has opened a internal ticket for your request. It will be discussed with the team behind our MyAccount portal (my.veeam.com). We will update you about the outcome.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software