Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
gordom
Novice
Liked: 2 times

Veeam KB2685 and reagentc /setreimage command question

Post by gordom »

Hello.
I have a problem with Windows Recovery Media. I follow a Veeam KB2685 article to fix it. At Part 3 (Recovery Image Handling) there is a scenario 3 (Replace the Recovery Image on the OS Volume). I stuck at point 4 of this scenario (Enable the Recovery image using REAgentC:)
The

Code: Select all

reagentc /setreimage /path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /target C:\Windows
code returns an error:

The specified path was not found.
Although I've read Microsoft Docs mentioned in KB2685 regarding REAgentC.exe tool and its /setreimage command, I can not figure out how to use /path argument. Could someone explain to me, what does

/path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE
argument in the above piece of code stand for and where does it point to? Is this the path to the recovery partition on the system drive (the one that is located after a system partition)? Any help will be appreciated. Regards
Dominik
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam KB2685 and reagentc /setreimage command question

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dominik

In step 1g, you will assign drive letter R:\ to the existing recovery partition on your machine.
In step 7, you check if the folder Recovery\WindowsRE does exist. If not, you need to create the folder
In step 8, you will enable the recovery image. The path variable will point to the existing recovery partition mounted as drive R.

Did you have created the folder WindowsRE? Does the path exists if you browse it with windows explorer?

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
gordom
Novice

Post by gordom »

Thank you, Fabian, for your message.
What I did is, I skipped every procedure mentioned in Scenarios 1 & 2 and went directly to Scenario 3. I thought these scenarios should be considered independently. Reading your answer, it seems to me, I wasn't correct.
Regards
gordom
Novice

Post by gordom » 1 person likes this post

Thank you, Fabian, for your answer. You helped me resolve the problem. My Veeam Recovery Media works fine again.
Regards,
Dominik
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hello Gordom

Thank you for the feedback.
I'm glad you could solve it.

Best,