Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
adam900331
Veteran
Liked: 22 times

SureBackup and Exchange Edge server

Post by adam900331 »

Hy!

I am testing the SureBackup. I have an AD environment, 1 Exchange mailbox and 1 Exchange edge server. The DCs and the mailbox server are in the same subnet (10.0.1.0/24). All server connect to the same virtual VM network. The edge is in different subnet, but we don't use VLANs. The edge server has an IP from 10.10.10.0/24 and connect to the same VM Network like AD and mailbox. During the Virtual Lab config I would like to create another network settings for edge, to test edge server. I can't create another Isolated network with the same VM Network. How can I achieve this to test edge. The DCs, mailbox, edge is in the same application group and I would like to test it with together.

Thanks.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: SureBackup and Exchange Edge server

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
the edge server should have a different virtual machine network. that virtual machine network needs to be mapped to an additional isolated network. VLANs don't hurt, they are untagged anyway.

Best regards,
Hannes
adam900331
Veteran
Liked: 22 times

Post by adam900331 »

Thanks. I think I will create a dedicated Virtual Lab for testing the Edge server.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

hmm that's not what I meant. All servers can be connected in one SureBackup job to one VLAB. The VLAB just needs multiple networks (Advanced Single-Host configuration)