Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

Feature request: Transaction log backup copy job not visible in 'running jobs'

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

currently when having a backup copy immediate job which also copies SQL transaction logs you don't see this job under the 'running' node. You can only view their progress from the history tab. However, the state in there is a bit misleading, it shows 'idle', but when double clicking on it, it shows 'in progress' because it's actually copying transaction logs.

It would be nice to also see those jobs under 'running' since they are actually active running jobs.

Franc.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature request: Transaction log backup copy job not visible in 'running jobs'

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Franc,

Thank you for your feedback, will discuss with the team!
jvlad
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Jason

Re: Feature request: Transaction log backup copy job not visible in 'running jobs'

Post by jvlad »

I agree. The BackupCopy job with the "Immediate Copy (mirroring)" option enabled needs more work for better instant logging when Right clicking the BackupCopy job and selecting either Statistics or Reporting. Both seem pretty basic for these types of BackupCopy jobs.
I like the Immediate Copy option but for the available logging it seems someone got lazy and took some shortcuts.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jason,

We used the primary job logging pattern for backup copy job log processing to be honest. I'll add you vote for 'improved log backup processing' request! Thank you for your feedback!
spiritie
Service Provider
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Gert

Post by spiritie »

+1 for this request, I've experienced a few times now that I was unable to delete backups because this jobs were running, and the only way to see them is under history under backup copy, if you're not very familiar with Veeam you'd never think to check there.