Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
StanoSedliak
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Stano Sedliak

Veeam v12 open backups with another Veeam v12

Post by StanoSedliak »

Hi,

I have a general question, in the past what I can remember it was no problem when I did a backup on VBR serverA and after this I add the same backup repo to VBR server B and was able to do restores.

Now with Veeam v12 on both sides, I'm doing VM backup copy job (encrypted) on SMB (NAS) repo with VBR server A, now I added this NAS repo on another VBR server B (rescan repo) where I can see the backups in VBR under imported backups but after I tried to do a restore, an error: "unable to find repository ID".

I'm missing something? I also tried to press in VBR import backup, found the VBR files manually but it's the same.

Thank you!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam v12 open backups with another Veeam v12

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Stano

Adding the same folder on a storage to multiple backup server was never recommended. Even if it have worked with SMB shares.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/ba ... itory.html
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120
Do not configure multiple backup repositories pointing to the same location or using the same path.
Importing backups from another server is possible. As a test, did you have tried to import the backup files from a non Veeam repository? Do you see the same error message from another location?
Can you please open a support case and let me know the case number? I'm sure our customer support team will find the issue after seeing the logs of your second backup server.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
StanoSedliak
Service Provider

Post by StanoSedliak »

Hi,

yes, I also tried to copy the full backup file to another folder which I created and afterwards do the import but, I can see the backups in VBR server B, also restore points but when I tried restore I have the error above. I will open a support case, thank you!!

Veeam case:
Case # 06267184
StanoSedliak
Service Provider

Post by StanoSedliak »

We found the problem, customer was removing some old not working repositories and it seems that it was not removed from the Veeam DB correctly, we found also some left overs in restores but anyway restore was not possible, what we did was, we restored a veeam config DB file from 3 weeks ago and it was working. We removed again the old repos and now it was removed as it should be.

Thank you!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Stano

Thanks for the update.
I'm glad you could solve it.

Best,
Fabian