Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
rtheseeker
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Rajeev Mehta

Backup copies slow from Azure to AWS

Post by rtheseeker »

We have Office 365 backups going to Azure Object storage and then it is copied to AWS blob; the bottleneck is showing as target; is there a location I can check the logs. We have a dedicated cloud team that takes care of the cloud envrioment; I just want to point them to the right direction. When the backup copy jobs running; these must be doing api calls; I had a look at relevent proxies and resource utilization seem to be normal.
Also, at what point do I kill the job and restart or shall I leave it running
This time the issue seem to have occured after Azure AE outage and some of the previous backup copy jobs were interuppted as proxies were rebooted unexpectedly (All in Azure)
Does it have to do some addtional processing when a backup copy job is interrupted. Just want to make sure I know the issue is normal and would auto resolve; backup copy jobs have been running over 97 hours and most of the jobs show to bottlenek as target
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Backup copies slow from Azure to AWS

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Rajeev,

First: Do you use an appliance to do those copies? (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=70)

Second: There might be some issues because of the outage and the job might still be busy trying to retrieve data which could be not there anymore. So please create a support case and let us know the case number here.

Thanks
Mike
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Backup copies slow from Azure to AWS

Post by Mike Resseler »

Oops, my bad Rajeev... I overlooked something in your post. Scratch the first part, I didn't read well that it is between different vendors so the appliance won't help in that case. Sorry.