Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
zerocoolb
Service Provider
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Besnik Qerimi

Netapp StorageGRID v11.7.0.4 - Object Locking not working

Post by zerocoolb »

Hi Guys
i am using a freshly setup StorageGRID Version 11.7.0.4 from netapp.
also i am running the latest V12 with the newest patch.

i was able to create a bucket with object-locking and versioning enabled. I didnt set a mode, since this is not supported.
i was then able to add a net backup-repository (s3-compatible) and also run a backup-Job to it with GFS set.

Unfortunally the backup run without any errors, but the bucketsize stays in the small KBs. ith should be at least 20-40 GB for the test.
i also browsed the bucket and only could find some small data on it....not real data more like meta things.

trying the same scenario on a bucket without object-lock works smooth.

What am i missing here?

by the way....i just setted up a normal backup job with blocksize 4MB and GFS everything else on standardsettings
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Netapp StorageGRID v11.7.0.4 - Object Locking not working

Post by Mildur »

Hello Besnik
Unfortunally the backup run without any errors, but the bucketsize stays in the small KBs. ith should be at least 20-40 GB for the test.
Where did you have checked the size? Veeam or on the StorageGrid appliance? In Veeam, please run a rescan first before checking the size in backup repositories. Size may only be updated after a rescan.
i also browsed the bucket and only could find some small data on it....not real data more like meta things.
That's expected. We don't store VBK/VIB files on object storage buckets. Data blocks of a restore point are stored as small objects.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120
What am i missing here?
Did you have opened a support case to check if everything is working fine? If you think it's a technical issue, please open a support case and provide me with the case number.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software