Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dalbright
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dustin J Albright

Failed Jobs Successful Retries Notifications

Post by dalbright »

I have a lot of jobs running in Veeam, and when I check it for failed jobs every day I will always see a list of failed jobs. I then have to go look at the report for each job and almost every time the job was successful after a retry.

What I'm suggesting, if it's not already in v12 (we'll be migrating before the end of the year) is that failed jobs indicate whether they were successful on a subsequent retry.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Failed Jobs Successful Retries Notifications

Post by Gostev »

What version are you migrating from? Because the option to Suppress notifications until the last retry has been in the product for some versions now? For example, I see it mentioned in the archived Online Help for V10. Thanks
dalbright
Novice

Post by dalbright »

Maybe "notifications" is a little misleading. What I'm referring to is the entry that VBR makes in the Failed field under the Last 24 Hour section on the Home tab. If a job fails, but completes on retry due to network congestion or something, it's frustrating to go to each job every time and pull up the report to see that. I would be happy if it still made the failure entry but indicated that it did complete on retry.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

Did you try to click F5 to refresh the status?

@Egor Yakovlev this would be a bug if job completes successfully on retry, but keeps glowing as Failed in the the Last 24 hours node? Unless it is the infamous refresh issue.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Dustin.

Can you please try:
- clicking Last 24 itself(the root of the tree with filters Running, Success, Warning, Error) - you should see the entire list of all jobs performed within last 24 hours
- use the search at the top to find a job that first failed and then succeeded on a retry - that should filter entire list of events by that job name listing events chronologically
Finally, check the statuses history in a column Status. Do they reflect Failed here even on last successful run?

/Thanks!
dalbright
Novice

Post by dalbright »

So all of the current failures are SOBR offload jobs. I'm not sure if these specific jobs are considered "retries". In the History tab, under Storage management, I can see where the Offload failed at 10:39pm and 2:39am, but then it succeeded at 6:40am and 10:40am. Since these are, I don't think anyways, considered retries, it would make sense I'm getting entries.

I will have to wait for another backup job to fail to see if the issue persists after the other recent fixes we have made. We are also going to v12 very soon so maybe this issue will subside completely in the new version.