Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
staun
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jørgen Staun

Change cloud storage repository

Post by staun »

Our storage provider create a new storage instead of extending our current cloud storage and told us to change the backup job to use the new storage.

But trying to do so, I get an message that I need to move all current data to the new storage. But I do not see an option for this and would be quite sad to move a lot of TB to local storage and then move it back to service provider storage..

Is there a smarter procedure to change cloud storage. ?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Change cloud storage repository

Post by Mildur »

Hello Jørgen

Is it about Veeam Cloud Connect repositories? Then I see two options.
- Option 1: Your service provider moves the backup files for you in his datacenter and then you can map the jobs to the new location.
- Option 2: You need to create a new job (or clone the old job) with the new cloud connect target. First run will be an active full backup/backup copy.

Or is it an object storage offering?

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
staun
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jørgen Staun

Re: Change cloud storage repository

Post by staun »

Yes, it is Veeam Cloud repositories, where we add a ServiceProvider and then we can see the repositories.

Seems that I will have to go for option 2 and clone the jobs with a new destination and have that full backupCopy.

Only happy that my backup copy retention is only 90 days and we can keep our current cloud repository for the exact same time, so if I have to restore from it. It is possible.

Thanks for your reply.