Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
spiritie
Service Provider
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Gert

SAP-HANA replication passive nodes

Post by spiritie »

Hi Forums

I was wondering how anyone else is handling these types of situation where SAP-HANA is configured in a active-passive replication/cluster setup.

We've configured the plugins to be managed by the VBR server and created the backup jobs which has all nodes added, but of course the passive SAP-HANA servers are failing on the backup since it of course cannot connect to these servers.

The biggest thing I'm afraid of is that the SAP-HANA servers gets switched for some reason and this hasn't been relayed to the backup team. I'm thinking of simply just leaving them in the job and accept that we are seeing failures on the job, just to get it backed up in anycase the nodes gets switched at some point.

Has Veeam any plans on building in some logic that can detect if the SAP-HANA systems are part of an replication cluster and not an active-active "Scale-Out Cluster?

Also for backup copies, we cannot select the SAP-HANA job, only the child jobs within the job, meaning if anything was to be added to the backup job, you also have to remember to add this into the backup copy job, seems a bit silly.

Documentation: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... n-failover

Regards.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: SAP-HANA replication passive nodes

Post by PetrM »

Hi Gert,

We have plans to make official support of SAP HANA system replication but I cannot say right now in which version it will be available. We have experimental support at the moment and I suggest referring to this KB for more details. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks!