Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Navneet99
Novice
Liked: never

Backup job fails intermittently

Post by Navneet99 »

Hi,

My backup job gets failed intermittently. This job are of SAP HANA backup using plugin. The failure ratio is around 60%. 6 job out of 10 job gets failed.

Backup server have 2 CPU with 20 core each ( Total 40 core) with 64GB ram and Network is 10G (end to end).Network is also dedicated for BACKUP JOBs.
Veeam version is 12 with te latest patch installed and Veeam DB is PostgreSQL.

In my monitoring I have seen that while this job (SAP HANA backup) starts only one core of CPU hits 100% utilization and gets normal after the job get failed / completed. Also server gets sluggish while this job is running. I am surprise that why only one core is hitting 100% and rest core are using only 1-2%. As the resources are available if all cores are used then this utilization will not hit to 100%.

I have created the case no #06308857 and #06328725 with VEEAM.

If some one have face this type of problem and got some solution then please help.

regards

Virendra
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Backup job fails intermittently

Post by Mildur »

Hello Virendra

Thanks for sharing the case numbers.
I recommend to keep working on this with our customer support team. Our support team will escalate the case to RnD if necessary. If you think, the case is stuck, please use our Talk to a Manager option to ask for an escalation:
https://www.veeam.com/kb2320

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Navneet99
Novice
Liked: never

Re: Backup job fails intermittently

Post by Navneet99 »

Dear Fabian,

I have already tried the option of "TALK to MANAGER" but my luck is bad to get the solution till date and time.

regards

Virendra