Management reporting and documentation
Aremac
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sam Pierce

Partiton free space What is this reporting?

Post by Aremac »

I created a report using base report pack;

Object Type: Virtual Machine
Columns: Name, Partition:name, Partition:capacity, Partition: free Space, IP address

Obviously the intent is to get a report of VM partiton size and usage. However, the numbers I am seeing on the report are wrong. As an example on one VM partition name s: reporter show Partiton free space as: 411.52803 yet Veeam Monitor Summary tab for this VM shows free space for this partiton as 336.48 If I log into the VM the 336 is correct.

I thought maybe the collection used for generating the report was outdated so I ran a new collection job and re-ran report with same results. I get similar (incorrect) numbers against multiple virtual machines so it's not related to a specific VM. What number is Reporter reporting and why is it so far off from what the OS and Veeam Monitor is reporting.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Partiton free space What is this reporting?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Sam,

Looks like a bug. I have just checked the same report in v6 and it displays the correct values, thanks for heads up!

As a workaround you may want to generate Guest Disks Overview report to check the used space inside your virtual disks. This report is a part of Overview report which is available in Monitor only. In v6 we will have all our reports merged and accessible from the single interface.

Hope this helps!
Aremac
Enthusiast

Post by Aremac »

Thanks Vitaly, V6 can't come soon enough. many of the reports I am trying to 'show off' are basic infrastructure reports.. But it doesn't look good when the numbers are wrong.
Aremac
Enthusiast

Post by Aremac »

Vit,

How do I generate the guest disk overview report? The only guest disks reports I can see in Monitor are performance related (data rates, latency, etc) as part of the trend and html reports. Where can I generate capacity usage report with Monitor?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You need to select top infrastructure node, then generate Overview report.

Btw, Veeam ONE v6 is just around the corner!
Aremac
Enthusiast

Post by Aremac »

I found it thank you.. Now for an issue here.. I'd think this would actually belong in the monitor forum but since it is relating to the above mentioned report I will put it here. I ran the report and numbers look good... BUT.. nearly all my guest disks are showing the red X which will set off fire alarms if I set anyone see this report. From what I see the reason is the guest free disk is showing the free space of the only first drive of teh vm (normally c:) and the guest disk capacity is reporting the aggregate of every disk for the vm (c + d +e etc) so, from the high level this is showing large capacity will low free space.. can I manipulate this in any way? example

VMx guest disks 2 BIG RED X guest disk free space 36.72 Guest disk capacity 565
c: 36.72 65
d: 336 500

The problem being guest free space should how 372.72 and disk capacity of 565 instead its showing 36.72 and 565 throwing up the ugly x.

Thanks,
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, we already had this discussion, and unfortunately, conditional formatting in Excel is beyond our control, see this topic for more info:
View with all VMs showing free guest disk space

The good news is that we have addressed this issue with a different report format in v6. Thanks!