Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Ransomware recovery (sigh). Everything is working except Veeam. I made 2 support cases, no luck so far.

Post by veremin »

What are the support case numbers please? Are the investigations over?

If not, kindly, keep working with the support representatives, and escalate the tickets, if you feel that the assistance provided is not enough.

These are not support forums, and to solve environment-specific issues our personnel will need access to the infrastructure and debug logs, neither of which can be carried out efficiently over forum posts (thus the support cases and webexes are required).

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Ransomware recovery (sigh). Everything is working except Veeam. I made 2 support cases, no luck so far.

Post by Gostev »

Please also appreciate the fact that our support engineer are troubleshooting an issue with your environment at this point. As you confirm in your post, the product was functioning just fine before some environmental changes were made following the attack.

I find many people tend to have false expectations about Support responsibilities and don't realize that Support team's main function is break/fix for product bugs. Which are confirmed not to exist based on the product successfully operating prior to the attack.

While our Support tends to always go an extra mile and help troubleshoot generic production environment configuration issues, please appreciate this is not something they are necessarily trained to do. E.g. they are not networking pros, Windows-based authentical experts or Active Directory gurus... they are Veeam gurus :)

In my personal experience, most IT vendors will just demonstrate you how the authentication is failing using the provided credentials, and tell you to go fix that. Either with help from Microsoft Support, if it's an Active Directory environment with connections failing to a Windows server, or by using a consultant with relevant experience.