Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dmalishkin
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel M

Replicaiton job keeps saving wrong name?

Post by dmalishkin »

Hi,

I have v6.0.0.158 (32bit) installed a physical single box. I have created many replication jobs which work fine and replicate everything as configured. However i recently added one additonal job trying to replicate my for example SERVER1 single VM. When i save the job i go back into the job and look at the configuration and i see that it changed my VM name into SERVER9. SERVER9 VM used to exist but it was deleted a long time ago. This job will even replicate the SERVER9 over the destination with that name. I tried deleting the job and recreating but same thing happens it turns VM name SERVER1 into SERVER9. The replication has no errors and looks like by the size it replicates the correct VM which is only 38GB however it stamps the wrong VM name again SERVER9 instead of SERVER1?

I have no catalogs for SERVER9 or replication references. I checked the ESX box and it also has no references anywhere to the old SERVER9? where is it picking up this from?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replicaiton job keeps saving wrong name?

Post by foggy »

Daniel, there is an issue with storing VM names in database logic, thanks for pointing that out. It will be fixed in 6.1.

Currently, VM name can be fixed via editing database record only. If you wish, please open the case to get assistance from support on how to do this (you may refer to this forum thread) and post its ID here.