Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
AlexatStudio88
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Alex Schoonderwoerd

Old Cluster hosts still represented in Managed servers

Post by AlexatStudio88 »

Good day guys, i hope that you all are well?

I'm having an issue where we upgraded our Hyper-V Cluster, introduced new hosts and evicted the old, so the cluster is the same cluster but it has all new hosts.

The problem that im having is that everywhere in Veeam it looks like the old hosts have been deleted fine, however under Managed servers, if i drill down into the cluster then it shows the 3 old and 3 new hosts... And there is no button to delete the old hosts... Relics also come up in backup jobs where we get a warning stating that a storage rescan has not happened in a while to the name of a old host...

My questsion - how can i remove all traces of the old hosts? I have worked my way through every job and removed all traces of the hosts from everywhere that i can think of.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Old Cluster hosts still represented in Managed servers

Post by Mildur »

Hello Alex

Welcome to the forum.
Please try the following options:

1.) Rescan your Hyper-V Cluster in the backup console:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

2.) Open the properties of the Hyper-V cluster in the backup console and press "next > next > next > ... > finish" to update the configuration.

Please open a support case if both options do not remove the obsolete Hyper-V hosts from managed server. Don't forget to provide us with the case number.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software