Jwoolington
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Woolington

File level restore to original location hanging

Post by Jwoolington »

Hey all.

Case # 07023404

I have a restore going on a FreeBSD server. The OS is up to date. I can restore files no problem to the Windows Server that Veeam B&R runs on, but when I try to restore to original location > overwrite, it just hangs and does nothing. When I selected the option to overwrite, I selected the original destination VM from the list. From here I selected my creds for SSH, and then browsed to where I wanted to restore to.

The "Restoring files to server" box is stuck at in progress and calculating. In the details of the job, it stops at "batch mode."

I've attached the image to this post, but not sure it will turn out, as this is my first time posting in these forums.
My VeeamFLR VM is good, and running on same subnet, and I can communicate with it. It's actually one of the VMware hosts in my cluster where the VM sits at that I'm trying to restore the file to.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue here?

Thanks!
rovshan.pashayev
Veeam Software
Liked: 42 times
Full Name: Rovshan Pashayev

Re: File level restore to original location hanging

Post by rovshan.pashayev » 2 people like this post

Hello Justin,

You have to consider following limitation:
[For backups of BSD, Mac and Solaris VMs] You cannot restore files directly to the original location. Use the Copy to option instead.
User Guide: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

Rovshan
Rovshan Pashayev
Analyst
Veeam Agent for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris
Jwoolington
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Woolington

Re: File level restore to original location hanging

Post by Jwoolington » 1 person likes this post

Thank you. I didn't see that.