Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Matt.Sharpe
Service Provider
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Matt Sharpe

Automated Workstation Restore

Post by Matt.Sharpe »

Hi Guys,

I'm curious if the Veeam Agent product combined with the Veeam Recovery ISO could be somehow more automated...

At present a restore of system state needs to boot via the Recovery Media and it then wizard driven. It would be interesting to see if this could be more semi automated so it requires less user interaction.

I don't believe it's yet possible, but wondering if it could. Could the ISO be modified with pre-defined variables maybe to allow the recovery to navigate to specific endpoints using the latest restore point so users just need to boot to it automatically (on a PC with no OS) and it then goes through automated...
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Automated Workstation Restore

Post by Mildur »

Hello Matt

You are right. Unfortunately it's not possible today. Our binaries on the ISO do not accept parameters or any sort of answer file today.
But we are aware about the request. We are getting more and more requests about it.

May I ask, where would you use automated BMR recovery the most?
In a hosted environment or provided as a service for VSPC managed agents? Or both.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Matt.Sharpe
Service Provider
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Matt Sharpe

Post by Matt.Sharpe »

We have requests for remote endpoint customers. Hosted environments will be mostly virtual servers so not required.

This would be more for remote workers/hot-desks etc.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Matt

Thank you.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software