Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
marcro

Sort order fail in history grids column by date

Post by marcro »

Hi all
someone has a solution to sort the Start Time column in ascending order in the History's grids when the date has the representation DD/MM/YYYY? Seems that if the settings is Italian the sort by date fails.
In this case is unusable when the goal is to control the state of last jobs

Thanks in advance

Marco

Veeam B&R 6.0.0.153 (64 bit) on W2K8 Std
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Sort order fail in history grids column by date

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Marco, we've just checked this and in some date formats the sorting indeed fails. This will be most likely fixed in the next update.
Currently, to get it work, you can change the delimiter character to "." (this works for me with the DD.MM.YYYY date format) in the Windows settings.
judith
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Judith

Re: Sort order fail in history grids column by date

Post by judith »

Hello,

First off, I'm sorry for bumping up an old topic but it was the only one I could find.

We have the exact same problem as listed above: sorting by creation time will sort it as if it's a string, not a date. For example '14-09-2012' is considered newer then '15-04-2013' by powershell. (script: Get-VBRBackup | sort-object CreationTime )

Changing the regional settings in Windows is not an option for our servers. We are using version 6.5.0.128, however in patch 3 (http://www.veeam.com/kb_articles.html/kb1751) there is no mention of this fix. Has the issue been fixed in a seperate update or will it be in the near future?

Thanks,
Judith