Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
foxx0171
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Fox

Unable to Delete Backups - Pending Restore?

Post by foxx0171 »

We had an admin that restored a file from an old backup job. We no longer need that backup job and want to recover the disk space. When I go to delete the backup job I get the following error:

Unable to delete the selected backup because of active file level restore operation involving this backup.

I can't seem to locate where this "active" restore is. The file was restored about 10 days ago.

Anyone know how to clear this active restore so I can delete the files?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Unable to Delete Backups - Pending Restore?

Post by Gostev »

Hello Michael. This issue usually appears when file-level restore process is terminated abnormally, without properly closing the application. Sometimes, it helps to initiate file level restore process again, and then just close the Backup Browser window after it appears. If this does not help, please contact our support and they will provide you with a script to fix the issue.
foxx0171
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Fox

Re: Unable to Delete Backups - Pending Restore?

Post by foxx0171 »

This is a trial version of the software, so I do not know if we are entitled to support. I attempted to open and close the file restore browser window and it did not make a difference.

In regards to managing disk space that backups take up, is there a way to delete backup data for a single host? I don't see an easy way to do this.