Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dcomovanguard
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Drew J. Como

VBR 12 > 12.1 upgrade failed

Post by dcomovanguard »

For a client that I am working with, they have a very simple Veeam deployment - Single server connected to vCenter, 4 local jobs, and one job that replicates their backups to Wasabi for additional offsite protection. (Bare Metal Windows Server 2016 - 14393.6452. 3.6Ghz Processor, 64GB RAM.)

Veeam B&R has been running on this server for years and has been upgraded from 10 > 11 > 12, and now to 12.1. Never an issue until the 12.1 upgrade failed. During the upgrade, I received some type of message about SHA encryption (I wish I took a screenshot...), and then within a few minutes after that, it failed outright leaving a corrupted installation (no means of rolling back.)

I have no issues doing a complete uninstall of Veeam and a re-install, however I want to make sure that I can re-import their job history, etc. and the loss is minimal (or zero.) - I just don't know if Veeam is in a state where it can be uninstalled due its current state.

Here's a screenshot from my Windows Services panel:

I created a support ticket (03164286) - Waiting for someone to get back to me.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: VBR 12 > 12.1 upgrade failed

Post by Gostev »

It's this issue. You can uninstall and reinstall with no dataloss.
dcomovanguard
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Drew J. Como

Re: VBR 12 > 12.1 upgrade failed

Post by dcomovanguard »

I uninstalled Veeam completely and then re-installed the latest version of 12.1. Once complete, I recovered my configuration backup which brought all my jobs back, etc.

All my jobs are re-running at the moment and I believe I am good.