Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
EddieA
Novice
Liked: never

Database does not exist or is not accessible

Post by EddieA »

I'm running the Free Edition of Monitor, and yesterday tried to start it for the first time in a couple of months. Well, after starting it didn't show anything.

Opening the Server Settings shows the thread title as the Database status. Selecting the Database tab, and Check database, also shows the same error.

I am able to select Change settings, and then Test Connection, on the Authentication pop-up and that returns Connectivity test passed successfully.

From Change database and Browse for SQL server, the only server available is VEEAM. It does not make any difference if I select Use Authentication or not, at this point, as both take me to the Select database dialog, where I pick VeeamMonitor5. Next takes me to the Configuration results, which always has the following:

Connecting to SQL Server "VEEAM"...
Connected.
Checking database "VeeamMonitor5"...
An error has occurred: "Cannot open database "VeeamMonitor5" requested by the login. The login failed".

How do I fix this.

Cheers.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Database does not exist or is not accessible

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Eddie,

Did you have any performance data collected at all? If not, I would recommend to re-create the database and see that solves your issue or not. If it does not help, feel free to contact our support team for further investigation.

Thanks!
EddieA
Novice
Liked: never

Re: Database does not exist or is not accessible

Post by EddieA »

Hey Vitaliy,

No, there was no data I needed to keep, so deleted and re-created the DB. I'm now up and running again. Thanks.

BTW I also downloaded MS Server Management Studio, to see if I could see what was wrong. It looked like there was some sort of crash just over a month ago, which left the DB in a "Suspect" state, which is why I couldn't connect to it. I did find some instructions on how to clear that, but didn't bother as it was easier to re-create it.

Cheers.