Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bct44
Veeam Software
Liked: 29 times

Feature Request config Files Harden' Linux repo

Post by bct44 »

Hello,

I noticed configuration file below changes during an upgrade of components, we 're using a different path location for logs on dedicated lv/fs. Even it could be modified by ansible on many host, if i can avoid this task after every upgrade i will be happy.

Code: Select all

/opt/veeam/transport/VeeamTransportConfig
BaseLogDirectory=/var/log/VeeamBackup
BaseLogDirectory=/var/log/smoke-test
Maybe an hard/soft link could do the trick but i'm not a huge fan of this workaround.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Feature Request config Files Harden' Linux repo

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
as far as I tested (12.1), this is independent from Hardened Repository and happens with every Linux machine that is added as "managed server".

It happens if I go through the "managed server" wizard and press "finish" at the end. Then the config file gets updated.

Is it possible that you updated to 12.1? That would explain it because it's like going through the "managed server" wizard and should not happen if SSH is not used.

Best regards,
Hannes
bct44
Veeam Software
Liked: 29 times

Re: Feature Request config Files Harden' Linux repo

Post by bct44 »

Hello Hannes! in fact you were right, I updated to v12.1 and I had to temporarily activate ssh on reposfor component updates.
Good to know, it should not happen but i followed this topic veeam-backup-replication-f2/upgrade-of- ... 91251.html