Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
JeWe
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times

How do I get informed about patches?

Post by JeWe »

Hi,

silly question, I assume...

I just stumbled about Veeam support for Windows 10 21H2 and just realized, that there already is a patch. I don't know how I get an info about that, I get the "word from Gostev" (highly appreciated, thanks Gostev!) where I can read it. But in some cases these mails won't come, how am I aware of a new update / patch? Any possibility within B&R console or in my account, so that I get an email?

Regards
Jens
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: How do I get informed about patches?

Post by foggy »

Veeam B&R has built-in update notifications functionality.
JeWe
Enthusiast

Post by JeWe »

Thanks for the link @Foggy

Not very helpful in my case, would be nice if the notifications were more visible, like a popup which has to be confirmed. Also "Missing updates" within the console aren't shown anymore since I switched to V11. I checked the update notification options which are checked already.

Would also be very nice, if Backup Enterprise Manager could send an email when new updates are available.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Also "Missing updates" within the console aren't shown anymore since I switched to V11. I checked the update notification options which are checked already.
Veeam B&R v12 should address this.
dcm-ebb
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Edward B

Post by dcm-ebb »

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere: How do I do a report on the patch revisions? I am applying the March 2023 revisions to different trusted domains. I want to get a report out of Lansweeper, but don't even see a registry entry that tells me where the patch level is on each Backup & Replication server. Is there some powershell script or something I could run to find out? For each licensed instance in each trusted domain I have at least 2 servers with the software installed. One that does the backups, one sitting there just in case I need to do restores to another host. Even if it is just a select statement out of each SQL instance, I think I might be able to make an SSRS report across the instances to consolidate the report into one. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
JeWe
Enthusiast

Post by JeWe »

Veeam B&R v12 should address this.
In the meantime we use V12, but I can't find anything like this. Was it implemented?
ertank
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ertan Küçükoğlu

Post by ertank »

foggy wrote: Jan 06, 2022 11:41 am Veeam B&R has built-in update notifications functionality.
Hi,

Thank you for this information.

My case, Veeam is setup to send backup status by email. I do not feel the need to login to the server to check if all good. I am receiving an e-mail with details of the backups.
I personally believe it would be quite helpful to have an option for receiving such update/patch/new version notifications by e-mail.

I just don't know where to ask for a feature request so it is in here.

Thanks.