Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Andr2210
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andr2210

task to control the correspondence of the number of backups

Post by Andr2210 »

Hi!
There is a task to control the correspondence of the number of backups created with the number of specified copies in the task.
Let me explain: by what means or settings can you control
if the number of backups created on the disk does not match the specified number in the task.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: task to control the correspondence of the number of backups

Post by Mildur »

Hi Andr2210

Are you trying to compare the number of restore points on your repository with the retention setting in the backup job?
- Retention Setting Backup Job: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

How many restore point you see on your repository will depend on how often you run the job per day and if you enable periodic full backups or not.

Example: A forward incremental backup chain with weekly full backups will keep the restore points longer as you have set up the retention. A configured retention of 7 days will keep the restore points for 7-14 days.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Andr2210
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andr2210

Re: task to control the correspondence of the number of backups

Post by Andr2210 »

Mildur wrote: Dec 18, 2023 2:20 pm Hi Andr2210

How many restore point you see on your repository will depend on how often you run the job per day and if you enable periodic full backups or not.

Best,
Fabian
Hi! What you have described is clear to me. The task is not quite like that. Suppose you have a job that needs to create backups once a day and store them for the last 7 days.
As a result of extraneous actions, one of the recovery point files was deleted. How can I automatically see a message that the job parameters do not match the recovery points on the disk.