Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ChrisG74
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Christian George

Identification of Service

Post by ChrisG74 »

Hi I just need clarification on the service identity so I can troubleshoot:

I have set up CDO replication jobs and it is reporting:

VM configuration for the initial sync completed with errors Error: A general system error occurred: HTTP error response: Service Unavailable

Which Service is this relating to a Service on the Veeam Backup and Replication or a service on the remote DR VSphere Centre?

Initially it was reporting an issue with Vmware-iam service on the DR Vsphere Centre which was due to the iam-properties file being corrupt from a full disk this has subsequently been repopulated.

If someone could point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting this I would greatly appreciate it or if this is too vague should I just raise a ticket else if its something I can do myself I would rather do so.

Kind Regards

Chris
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Identification of Service

Post by Gostev »

Hi, there are lots of communications that happen over HTTP so it will be hard to guess which one is the culprit. So I do suggest opening a support case and have them review debug logs to find out. Thanks
MarkBoothmaa
Veeam Legend
Liked: 49 times
Full Name: Mark Boothman

Post by MarkBoothmaa »

The log files are located in %program data%\Veeam I'd say start there. are the required ports open as well to the DR side e.g. from the server can you access the DR vCenter UI?
ChrisG74
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Christian George

Post by ChrisG74 »

Thank you this is useful, however I feel yes due to the error being vague I will raise a ticket and feedback on here.