Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dsilvera
Novice
Liked: 1 time

ExitCode:50 Error Importing Config

Post by dsilvera »

I hope I am able to post my issue here as I was sent here from Veeam support after they closed my ticket due to low support staff availability. Support case 07044335.

I am in the process of testing my script to deploy Veeam free agent for windows on my network. I am testing importing the XML config file after installation, but I get back the following error:
ExitCode: 50

Errors:
Failed to perform the operation.
No correct configuration specified.

Warnings:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Access denied. Backup settings are managed by your backup administrator
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Access denied. Backup settings are managed by your backup administrator

ExitCode: 50

I am testing this on 1 PC first. I installed Veeam agent, configured it, then exported it. I uninstalled it then tested my script of installation and config importing.
But failing on the importing of the config. I am testing this in powershell.

Anyone can provide me with some insight on this error?
Veeam Agent version: 6.1.0.349 - Free edition
Thanks much.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: ExitCode:50 Error Importing Config

Post by Mildur »

Hello Dsilvera

Thanks for the case number.
Your case was closed without an answer because you have opened it for one of our free product offerings.
Community edition gets support on best effort. Best effort means, only if there is free capacity in our customer support team, cases from users of our free products will be worked on. Please see our support policy for more information: https://www.veeam.com/support-policy.html
I am in the process of testing my script to deploy Veeam free agent for windows on my network. I am testing importing the XML config file after installation

Veeam Agent version: 6.1.0.349 - Free edition
Configuration export/import through Veeam.Agent.Configurator.exe is only available on a Veeam Agent for workstation or server edition. It won't work with the free edition of the agent. https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=60

Have you tried out Veeam Backup & Replication community Edition? It can protect 10 workloads for free and will allow you to deploy your agents centrally. Backup Jobs/Policies can be configured directly on the Veeam Backup & Replication server for your installed Agents.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
dsilvera
Novice

Post by dsilvera »

Hi Mildur,

Thanks for your feedback. I understand a license might have been needed in versions prior to v6. But didn't see this requirement for v6 in the documentation.
I am able to export the config with no issues but importing it back gets me this error.

So I am not able to deploy the free agent in my network, unless I go to each PC and configure them manually?
Have you tried out Veeam Backup & Replication community Edition?
Yes, but I have about 100+ PC's I would like to backup and that exceeds the 10 workload limitation.
I was just looking for an agent that I could deploy that would do a backup to our NAS.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

You won't be able to use it with the free agent.
Just confirmed it in my lab with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 6.1.0.349 (Free Edition):

Yes, but I have about 100+ PC's I would like to backup and that exceeds the 10 workload limitation.
I was just looking for an agent that I could deploy that would do a backup to our NAS.
I suggest to check out our Veeam Data Platform Essentials offering. One license will cover 3 workstations. A 35 VUL package would be sufficient to protect your organizations workloads.

The benefit of using licensing is central management console for all 100+ agents. One console to deploy the agents, configure them and monitor their backup status.
It also brings you the capability to use immutable backup storage instead of a NAS device. It's not difficult for a potential attacker to just delete the backups on the NAS from an attacked PC. And licensing gets you guaranteed SLA's with our support team.

Best,
Fabian
dsilvera
Novice

Post by dsilvera »

Thanks Fabian,
Your warnings showed more details than mine.

In any case, the price is not so budget friendly for us for the 35 VUL, based on the pricing calculator. If it was a perpetual license instead of a subscription, would definitely take a look at it.

Thanks again for the assist.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dsilvera

Veeam Data Platform Essentials (Veeam Universal Licensing) is available as a Subscription or Perpetual license.
https://www.veeam.com/licensing-policy.html

You may reach out to a Veeam Sales representative or a Veeam Reseller to get an offer for the Perpetual license.
Veeam Resellers from your region are listed in our Partner directory:
https://www.veeam.com/find-partner.html?type%5B%5D=VAR

Best,
Fabian
dsilvera
Novice

Post by dsilvera » 1 person likes this post

Great!!! Thanks Fabian.
Will definitely contact a reseller.