Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
daystrom
Expert
Liked: 8 times

gmail authentication issue with vbr 12, publickeytoken-xyz is not marked as serializable

Post by daystrom »

My vbr instance was migrated from 11 to 12. In 11, I used a gmail account and an app password to auth for email notifications. In 12, that failed really badly, with two error message cycling back and forth, with vbr crashing hard when I ended the cycling. I've tried gmail with modern auth, but it reports there is a google api error.
Type google.googleapiexception in assembly google.apis.core, version 1.56.0.0, culture-neutral, publickeytoken-4b01fa6e34db77ab is not marked as serializable.
Does anyone know what I can do about this?
Backups are onoing but I do need to have notifications working.
I don't see a way to generate a new case in vbr 12 so I don't have a case id.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: gmail authentication issue with vbr 12, publickeytoken-xyz is not marked as serializable

Post by Mildur »

Hello Daystrom

Cases can be opened the same way as in V11. No changes in the process:
https://www.veeam.com/kb1771

Please open the case so our support engineers can check the logs.

Thank you,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
daystrom
Expert

Re: gmail authentication issue with vbr 12, publickeytoken-xyz is not marked as serializable

Post by daystrom »

I'm using the community version and as far as I can tell that prevents submitting a case. With agent, a case can be created within the agent software, and I can then include a case number.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

You can open a case for our free products if you follow the kb.
In the case form, there is a button to select the product.

Community edition is listed as a product.

Best,
Fabian
daystrom
Expert

Post by daystrom »

I never looked that far down the list - thank you!
daystrom
Expert

Post by daystrom »

No input on the ticket created on Dec 29. Can anyone here shed light on the issue I'm having with email notifications after upgrading to v12?
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

I checked all of our recent cases and couldn't find a similar error message.
You need to wait for our support to find some free resources to handle your support case (free products have support on best effort basis only). As a temporary workaround, you may try to find an alternative way to send email notifications.

You can still be able to use GMAIL with SMTP:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

Best,
Fabian
daystrom
Expert

Post by daystrom »

Thank you for the reply.
When I migrated from 11, it forwarded all of my email settings, including the smtp notification settings. That's what "failed really badly" in my original message. Two error messages cycled by themselves, and when I closed either of them, vbr crashes.
The first msg appear about a minute after clicking Test Message: This operation is taking longer than expected. Keep waiting or click Cancel to terminate it.
The second msg: The connection to the backup server has been lost. Attempting to reconnect your session. Connection attempt 1 of 10.
Those two msgs flip back and forth forever, until I close one and it all crashes.