Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
William Bohn
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Bill Bohn

12.1 Hyper-V issue? Unknown VSS command: 'DetectOracleInstallation'

Post by William Bohn »

Hello, wondering if this is a known bug since we never seen anything like this before the 12.1 upgrade and not all of our VMs are doing this.

I'll gladly make a ticket if this is abnormal. (we only have one VM that even runs Oracle so it strikes us as odd that about 20 VMs are now showing this error)

full text of the error:
Unable to subscribe to guest processing components: Failed to call RPC function 'Vss.DetectOracleInstallation': Unknown VSS command: 'DetectOracleInstallation'..
Failed to call RPC function 'Vss.DetectOracleInstallation': Unknown VSS command: 'DetectOracleInstallation'.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: 12.1 Hyper-V issue? Unknown VSS command: 'DetectOracleInstallation'

Post by Gostev »

Hello, known bugs are documented in the corresponding sticky topic. Please always create a support case prior to posting about a technical issue, as requested when you click New Topic. Thank you for understanding.
William Bohn
Enthusiast

Post by William Bohn »

OK case created: Case #07056112

Thanks
mvalpreda
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Valpreda

Post by mvalpreda » 1 person likes this post

Had the same thing happen to me after 12.1 update. I noticed that one of the VMs in the job was using a different set of credentials in AAP than it should have been. Corrected it and the job ran fine.
William Bohn
Enthusiast

Post by William Bohn »

My issue is different in that no changes to the job would fix it, but creating a brand new job with the same VMs and the same settings is now working without the error. At least for the first few I am addressing. Will be interesting if the other jobs throwing this error also get fixed just by creating new jobs while many other jobs never had this problem after the 12.1 update.

thanks for chipping in, everything helps