Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
TheBrain82
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Oleg the Brain

Latest VBM version comes with poor powershell performance for M365 content

Post by TheBrain82 »

Hello to all Veeam members,

I have upgrade several VBM365 environments from a older Version 7.0.0.3604 to the latest Version 7.0.0.4388. Now I figured out that the general PowerShell query performance for M365-Content dramatically decreased for all of our VBM365 installations. An output of a "Get-VBOOrganizationGroup" or "Get-VBOOrganizationUser" command now needs approximately 15-20seconds. Before the upgrade the output was something between 1ms and 1 second.
For us this is a real huge problem because the VBM365-product has some general difficulties to scan and add new M365 content (Users, Ressources, SharedMailboxes, Mgroups, Teams, SharedSites....) to existing backup jobs. The only tool to get this done is to use PowerShell. Further all monitoring, reports, add, billing remove, and check script are nearly not usable anymore because some of them need days instead of minutes to complete.

Nearly the same kind of issue/topic can be visited when you start to work with the VBM365 Edit/Add GUI. When you edit a backup job and in "select objects to back up" click on add user/groups/teams to search performance inside of the GUI, it is absolutely slow in comparison to former VBM version. Before in older version the search result showed up there within 2-4 seconds. Now within the latest VBM version it needs minutes before some first results show up.
Are there any other customers experience the same issues?
My first core question would be, whether tis is this a feature or a bug? May Veeam developers decided to reduce this query speed to limit these requests to delimbing the M365 throttling. An official information would be nice if this is the case.
Cheers,
Stefan
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Latest VBM version comes with poor powershell performance for M365 content

Post by Mildur »

Hello Stefan

I'm sorry that you face this performance issues.
We always try first to get the information from the organization cache database. Maybe there is an issue with the Cache. You can check if the cache is up to date via the following command:

Code: Select all

Get-VBOOrganizationSynchronizationState -Organization $org
May I also ask you to open a case with our customer support?
Please provide them with a current log package so we can have a look what's happening on the backup server and the organization cache database.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Post by Peejay62 »

Any update on this issue? We are experiencing the same "slowness" after upgrading and maybe you can elaborate a little on the outcome of your question,

thanks
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Peter

I didn't got a case number from Oleg.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software