Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
hnhn99
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Hakan Hedman

more media pools?

Post by hnhn99 »

Hi! I have two backup to tape jobs to the same media pool. One monthly and one weekly. Monthly are set to export tapes but weekly should not do that. I'm aware that this will not work as media pool are set to always continue using current media set. What is the best way to solve this? Create one weekly and one monthly media pool?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: more media pools?

Post by Mildur »

Hi Hakan
I'm aware that this will not work as media pool are set to always continue using current media set.
In standard media pools, you can configure if you want to continue the media set or create a new one for every backup session:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

May I ask, why you have two jobs?
I suggest to use one backup to tape job with a GFS media pool. The backup server will manage the weekly/monthly media sets for you.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
hnhn99
Influencer

Post by hnhn99 »

We want to export tapes with monthly backups and keep weekly in library. Is that possible with gfs media pool?
hnhn99
Influencer

Post by hnhn99 »

We want to export tapes with monthly backups and keep weekly in library. Is that possible with gfs media pool?
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 322 times

Post by david.domask »

Hi @hnhn99,

Please see this user guide page for GFS and setting media set export conditions: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst