Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
rtheseeker
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Rajeev Mehta

Mailbox in 2 diffrent jobs: How does office365 handles it

Post by rtheseeker »

so we have a mailboxes backing up using Azure Dynamic Groups; however; at times backup of a single mailbox holds the complete job. To troubleshoot such issuse; I have created a troubleshoot backup job on each proxy; so when I runinto any issues; I add the mailbox in the test job and run it to troubleshoot the issue; I was also thinking if I can exclude this mailbox from the group so that other emails can atleast have a backup.
So the plan is to
- exclude the mailbox from the origrnal job which is backing up the dynamic group using exclusion of user
- Adding that user to the manual troubleshoot job and use the same proxy and Object repository as the orignal job
- rerun the orignal job and ensure it completes
- Manaully run the troubleshoot job and see how does the job behave
- Riase a case with Veeam/Internal Team managing Office365
- Once the issue is resolved; remove the exclusion from origrnal job and not manually disable the troubleshoot job

This way at least other mailboxes will continue to be protected when we torubleshoot the mailbox backup failure

how would Veeam handle this senario when a mailbxo is protected in 2 jobs but using the same proxy and Object repo
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Mailbox in 2 diffrent jobs: How does office365 handles it

Post by Mildur »

Hello Rajeev

It will work fine.
The new job will start a full rescan of the added mailbox and compare it with what's already protected in the Object repository. We will never store the same source data twice in a single repository. Only new or changed data will be downloaded to the Object repository.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software