Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Long Running Configuration backup

Post by Peejay62 »

We have one VBR server dedicated for NAS backup only. Obviously this generates a lot of content in the configuration DB because of the magnitude of the NAS environment being processed. In the meanwhile the daily scheduled configuration backup is taking more than 5 hours to complete. (other vbr servers are most of the time done within 10 minutes with their config backup). When the backup is running this shows an significant impact on the overall performance of VBR. Is there a possibility to do something about the config backup process? for example, I see a very long duration on compressing (the log shows). Can that be adjusted (to nocompress)? Can other backupsettings be adjusted? The VeeamDB is now appx 250GB in size, I cannot imagine 5 hours are needed to backup this.

thanks
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Long Running Configuration backup

Post by Mildur »

Hi Peter

We don't have a specific key to control the behavior of the configuration backup job.
Therefore I recommend to open a case with our customer support team. From the logs we can make a conclusion what we can optimize for your database. If necessary, our support will be able to escalate the case to RnD. RnD then will decide if a hotfix if one is required or not.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software