Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
harrycarter
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Harry Carter

Cannot add Backup Server to Enterprise Manager - A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception

Post by harrycarter »

Hello, I have been trying to resolve an issue within my environment where the "Database Replication" was failing within Enterprise Manager, this seemed to line up with the v11 - v12 update a few weeks back.

There were a few suggestions which I tried:
Firstly, trying to run the Enterprise Manager as the local system account rather than a domain account (which it has always run as), the service cannot start at all as local system.
Secondly, rejoining the device to the domain which also did not resolve.
Thirdly, removing and re-adding the Backup Server as FQDN with Enterprise Manager console - configuration - backup servers.

Now that is where the 2nd issue and the reason for this post have popped up. When I am trying to re-add my backup server I am getting the error "A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception". Has anyone seen this before and could provide some assistance? I am going back and fourth with support by no resolution yet.

Case ref: 07106750
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Cannot add Backup Server to Enterprise Manager - A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Harry and Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums!

You may request an escalation of your support ticket if you feel that the research is not progressing or moving very slowly.

Thanks!